On Monday 8-16-2021, Berrien County went into the High-Alert (Red) Category for Covid cases. Due to the increase in Covid cases, St. Joe First UMC has decided to make a few changes to keep everyone safe and to help reduce the chance of spreading the Covid virus.
1. We are strongly encouraging people to wear a mask during the worship services until the Covid numbers go down. We are not requiring it, but strongly recommending everyone to wear one.
2. We encourage social distancing from non-family members.
3. We encourage everyone to sanitize their hands as they enter the building.
4. We will have someone holding the doors open for you, so you don't have to touch any door handles.
5. There will be no Coffee Time between services till the Covid numbers decrease in our county.
I know many are tired of dealing with this Covid virus and are tired of the restrictions. Please know, we are only dong this because we love you and want to keep you and others safe. Please, offer a lot of grace to those who had to make this decision. None of us have been trained in how to lead a church through a pandemic, but we are doing the best we can to respond to the virus based on how it is impacting our county.
May God's grace and peace be with all of you!
Pastor Dan Colthorp