When Our Church Reopens
Feb. 7, 2021
We ask that all high-risk individuals stay home at this time and enjoy our online worship. We ask that anyone feeling ill or running a fever and their immediate family members stay at home and enjoy our online worship.
1. You will be asked to wear the mask during the entire time you are in the church building. Masks will be provided if you do not have your own. Only only exception are those leading the worship service can have it off while on the platform/Chancel.
2. Someone in a mask opens the church doors for everyone, so people don't have to touch a door or door handle.
3. Hand sanitizer stations have been setup in the church and everyone is encouraged to sanitize their hands as soon as they enter the building and as often as they would like while in the building.
4. There will be no greeters, no ushers, no welcome desk, no fellowship time, no Sunday School, no nursery, and no greeting line at the end of service. Parents, feel free to bring in activity books for your children for their personal use.
5. All the church pews will be wiped down with Clorox disinfectant wipes before and after each worship service. All items have been removed from the pews, including Hymnals and Bibles. Please feel free to bring in a Bible from home for your personal use.
6. Seating - Those in a household who are living together may sit in a pew together without distancing. Please, sit 6 feet apart from other families.
7. Holy Communion will be on hold for now.
8. No passing the offering plate - please continue to mail in your checks or give online. There will also be a place for you to drop your offering at the church. Your generous support of the church ministries and missions is greatly appreciated.
9. There is an Ultra Violet light in our air duct system that has a sterilizing effect and cleans the air being pumped into the sanctuary.
While the above contains many no’s, it is important to put our focus on God and worshiping him. Remember all of the blessings that God has put in our lives and to have hope in God’s character, promises, and power! Please let this be a judgment-free zone. If someone chooses to attend or not attend, it is a personal decision. Let us respect that decision.
From Pastor Dan Colthorp
I want to let you know that the church is re-opening for in-person worship starting this Sunday, February 7, 2021. We will offer Traditional Worship at the 9:00 AM service and a Contemporary worship service at the 11:00 AM service. We will record the 11:00 AM service and upload it to the church's YouTube channel and it should be available to watch in the early afternoon.
Here are the precautionary measures that will be in place for in-person worship.
1. Everyone will be required to wear a mask in the building, except those up front leading the worship service.
2. We will have someone opening the doors for you as you come and go, so you will not have to touch any doors.
3. There will be hand sanitizer stations available for use.
4. People are asked to social distance in the pews and when conversing before and after the service.
5. We've had a UV light in the duct work system in the sanctuary for many years - UV lights kill the corona virus and many other germs.
I also encourage people to get the vaccine as it becomes available. The more people who are vaccinated the safer the worship service will be.
If you feel comfortable coming back for in-person worship, we invite you to join us at your earliest convenience. If you do not feel comfortable coming back at this time, please know that is okay too, and we hope to see you in the future when you do feel comfortable.
Finally, I would like to thank the Church Council who has been closely monitoring the Covid-19 numbers in Berrien County, been looking at the number of patients in the local hospitals, observing what schools and churches are doing in our local area - all to make an informed decision as to when to offer in-person worship or to go back to online worship only. Their wisdom and insights have been greatly appreciated throughout this pandemic in making these tough choices.
Have a great week and I hope to see many of you at church this Sunday for worship. If not, I hope to see you in the future when you feel comfortable coming back to in-person worship. May God's grace, peace, and protection be with you all.
Children's & Youth Ministries Update - Director Will Flaherty
For Middle School & High School students - FLAME youth group will be meeting online every Sunday night at 7:00 PM. Here is the link to join the online youth group. This link is good for every week.
YG: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 872 4568 1034